I am on my way to QuartzFest. If you haven’t heard about it, QuartzFest is a week-long ham radio, camping, learning and living event near Quartzsite, AZ. It starts on 1-19-2020. This will be a fun and exciting event for me. I haven’t been camping or operating portable since Field Day. I’ll be operating out of my camper with the ICOM 7300 and a couple of different antennas. An inverted L mounted on a 30ft. flag pole and a TarHeel 200A mounted on the rear of my H3.
Icom 7000, TarHeel 200A, various Hustler antennas and a SignaLink USB. HP Stream for digital modes.
Elecraft KX2, Elecraft AX1 and AXE1 antennas. Wire antennas with 9:1 UNUN, 20ft. Wonderpole mast. HP Stream for digital modes.
Some typical classes include:
- Antenna Shootouts
- Satellite Internet
- Antenna Tuners
- Emergency Communications
- Portable Antennas
- Global Positioning System
- HF Mobile
- Anderson Connectors
- Noise Elimination
- Tools for the Ham
QuartzFest DX Challange
- Three days, January 20, 21and 23, 2020
- Time Period: 12:01 a.m. To 11:59 p.m. local time
- SPONSORED BY THE NORTHERN ARIZONA DX ASSOCIATION
- Objective:Participants at the Quartzfest(QF) 2020, using any portable commercial or homebrewed antenna brought in, work the most distant station(s) from the QF site during the three day event.
K0PIR at QuartzFest
You can follow me on my YouTube channel, “Ham Radio With K0PIR” on Twitter and/or my Instagram account. If you can’t meet up with me in the desert, I’ll be on the air. I’ll be operating on all modes throughout the week long event on 20m, 40m and 80m.
I look forward to making videos of the event and making a lot of contacts from the desert in Arizona.
Coming to YouTube. My Partner in Crime Mr. B.
Best 73 and good DX in 2020,